Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Something for Nothing

I think these are my weekend thoughts:
I think I went to bed at 11pm Friday

I think every time I make brunch plans for 11am, I wake up at 10:50 and every time I make brunch plans for 1pm, I wake up at 9am and am starving to death.

I think I drank way too much Saturday night...so much that I didn't get home until around 9pm Sunday.

I think Leigh and I played one of my new favorite games Saturday afternoon. Its called "Most Useless Book" and you play it at Barnes and Noble. I think Nicole Richie's "The Truth About Diamonds" non fiction novel took first place with honorable mention going to Broadway Musical Stars Paper Dolls, Networking for Dummies, Tachen's 1000 Favorite Websites, and 100% Cotton: T-Shirt Graphics.

I think these are my fun thoughts of the week:
I think I want to get a "Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris kills people" T-shirt from this site which is amazing. I LOVE CHUCK NORRIS FACTS.

I think they need to make adult version of choose your own adventure books. They could be good mysteries or kinky love stories (like you can have him go after the girl, or the guy). I think there's a huge market of 20-30 year olds who remember those books from childhood and would buy them, even just for fun.

I think my doorman is trying to hook me up with the new girls who moved in downstairs. I think he's going to give them one of my packages or visa versa to set our meetings in motion. Its 3 girls in 1 apt right below us. I think he might be more excited about this than me

I think the fat guy on Lost should have lost 100 pounds by now.

I think I've grown an inch by not cutting my hair. Man its thick

These are my political quick points of the week:
I think
that when the head of Republican political strategy (Karl Rove) gets in front of the country on national TV and says something like "Some Democrats clearly disagree with wanting to spy on Al Qaeda" it becomes pretty obvious he's a fucking liar and deserves to be killed. I mean, no one has or will ever say that. I think I want to know what kind of wire taps the court wasn't allowing that made the administration decide to skip the court. That whole argument for quickness doesn't hold water when, as it turns out, you can get the warrant 3 days after you've actually started eavesdropping.

I think I'm worried that in Bush's mind, he thinks that any Democrat in power would be a threat to our nations security, and thus, he could wiretap the DNC or anyone, in order to find things out and maintain control.

I think that the TV media continuing to say that its the same thing for a Democrat to accept a $5,000 donation from a charity that a crook gave money to, and for a Republican to accept vacations and over $100,000 from that same crook is nuts. I don't think our media has been very truthful or liberal for at least 2 years now.

I think Google's power and size are going to be an issue in the next 10 years.

I think this is my sports thought of the week:
I think
Jerome Bettis is supposidly an easy pick for the Hall of Fame, I just can't stop thinking he's only a better than average player who's played for an extended period of time and happens to be a very nice guy. When comparing his career to someone like Ricky Waters, they look very similar, except that Bettis has had 4 more years. Both never lead the league in rushing, had few seasons with more than 10 TD's (2 for Bettis, 3 for Waters) and neither won the MVP. (I'm not sure either ever were in the top 5 in voting). Bettis was in 6 Pro Bowls while Waters was in 5. Bettis only averaged over 4.0 yards per carry 1x in his last 9 years while Waters averaged that for his career, and had over 4.0 yards per carry in his last 2 seasons. To me, both just seem like good players. If Waters had played 4 more years, he'd be in the top 5 in numerous categories, like Bettis. And who cares about the guys parents. He's 35. If he were a rookie with no family, then maybe you show his parents, but since he's probably got his own family, and his parents are probably around 60...who cares.

1 comment:

Meistro said...

Of course 2 days after I write what I wrote, some ESPN guy steals my article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/060125