Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Book Report


Makeyoucrawl sent me this book, along with chocolates, in exchange for other presents. She did my new book trick, put her name on the inside, which I will do too, and pass it along. I should have really enjoyed it. Twas about a guy. He is a really smart, finance guy. He's at the top of the world. He's a billionaire. He’s 28. He takes a trip across 47th street, which is 1 block from where I work, so I know all of the sites he talks about. Additionally, he has sex, he has lotsa weird conversations. He gets a haircut, all while stuck in traffic on the way to work. The reason I'm writing "he" so much is because that's how the book is written. This so called "author" starts almost every sentence with "he" and it makes the book so aggravating to read. The author jumps around from story to story, with strange time gaps and I have no idea who he's talking about because he write "he" when talking about everyone. He’s inside the limo, then he’s inside a store, then I don’t know what’s going on until I read 2 more pages. I didn't even figure out the main character's name until page 20 or so.

Let's just say, the book is 200 pages of big words and it took way too long to read. It was almost painful. If I had the exact same story in my head, I'm 94% sure I could have written it better...too bad I suck a writing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooo...you are going to pass the painful book along? ;)

Meistro said...

Of course. The author is an award winning author. On man's garbage is another's treasure

Anonymous said...

i told you i would read it, so pass it along to me...