Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Book Report #3




















Finished up Kite Runner this weekend. Really good book I highly recommend. It took me about a month to read the first 100 pages, but then the story really picked up and I finished the last 270 this weekend. The book starts out in pre-Taliban Afghanistan and is kinda dull...then shit goes down.

What I really liked about this book, was that it was about a character with major self esteam issues. He was even confident in his wimpyness, and justified it by saying that is just who he is. The beginning of the book did take some time, it was focused on his childhood, and his relationship with his father and freinds. It was necessary, and built the character but, for me, it was a little tough to get through. I'd say the characters are highly likable, and you feel for them, and when I put the book down, I wanted to know what happened next. I still have no idea if its a true story or just based off of one or just totally fabricated. Either way, I recommend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you read it or listen to it on tape?

Meistro said...

Yea, I actually read it. I have witnesses too!