Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday Morning Ramblings

My TV’s color was all screwed up when I got back from Europe. Some would suggest that I try and fix it. However, being that my grandmother got it for me when I was 13, I figured it was time to upgrade. By upgrade, I mean, hit craigslist and buy a 37 inch TV for $100. I didn’t even test it out. I saw the guy, trusted him, and now I have a new TV which is way too big for my room.

If the Iraqi war counts as fighting terrorism, then the US has spent over $100,000,000 PER PERSON that’s died from terrorism on fighting terrorism. None of that has been spent on border security or port security or chemical plant security. Good times.

I had a business meeting and was forced to eat pea soup and rice. I should have chosen the salad instead of the soup. I was scooping it with my bread so that I could be close to finishing half before they took it away. Man…I really don’t get along with my gag reflexes very well.

People between the ages of 24 and 28 are all about the same age and usually in the same place in life. In the case of a few people, that can even extend to 32 years old. But 24 year olds are nothing like 22 year olds.

My roommate proved the preemptive hookup theory by having a much more engaging conversation with my date a month ago than I ever could. He was asking the right questions and cared what her answers were. All b/c he wasn’t thinking about hooking up w/her (he’s got a girlfriend). Its still just a theory.

I think my 3rd roommate has no clue how to break up with a girl. He’s def stringing around way too many, and he’s such a catch, they’ll all wait just for the right shot at him.

There are a few more articles on my company floating around. Nothing from a major publication though. I’ll let you know.

No one has sent me an askbens in about 3 weeks. I might have to just end that publication w/o any new material. Is it that bad or are you all just growing up and running out of questions? (askbens@yahoo.com).

With the summer share over, here are my closing thoughts about it:

I think the people in my house, and their friends were awesome. I think I’m definitely happy to have some new friends.

I think Belmar is OK…and by OK…mean I think I’m fine there during the day, and at 1 or two of the bars at night…as long as I don’t have to talk to people I don’t know.

I think I like people from the “DJ” and LI even less now.

I think there were only a few crazy nights…and I think I wasn’t the best person on either of those nights…but maybe that’s why they were crazy. Actually, I think the craziness had nothing to do with me.

I think I really like ice cream and especially ½ chocolate, ½ mint milkshakes with hot fudge mixed into it as well.

I don’t think I’ll do a full share next year, maybe a ½ share in total. I’m thinking a ¼ in NJ and ¼ in Fire Island or just a ½ in Fire Island. I think I only hear good things about that place.

No comments: