Friday, October 20, 2006

Losing

The Mets lost last night and got knocked out of the playoffs. I’m legitimately upset, and in order to recovery, I’ll be ignoring the world for the next few days. Hibernation is the key to getting over such a big loss. The reason I hibernate is because the MEDIA has no clue how to act when the home team loses. They keep showing clips on TV over and over, and they put it on the front pages of the papers. I can’t even open yahoo.com without seeing, again, that the Mets lost.

When my teams lose, I don’t want to hear about it, I don’t want to read about it, I don’t want to talk about it, I don’t want to watch it and I don’t want to listen to other people talk about it. They lost, I know they lost…why do I want to relive that experience over? I want to pretend like it never happened!

I lose often, I lost 2 or 3 times a week and I definitely lose every. I root for 2 basketball teams, 2 hockey teams 1 baseball team and 2 football teams. I also have 2 fantasy football teams and I’m in 2 other various pick-um leagues. Some are ok, most are depressing. I usually fall asleep listening to sports radio, I have been since I was 7, but I can’t stand listening when my teams lose. I can’t stand listening to them repeatedly rehash my teams losses and upset me all over again. I have trouble sleeping when my teams lose. This week, during the LCS, I fell asleep w/o the radio, just because I knew it would aggravate me.

Now, when I play a sport, I could CARE LESS when we lose. I’m very competitive on the court, but I don’t play to win. I play to have fun, I play to exercise, I play to socialize, I play to be silly, and I play to play hard. I’m always the same temperament, whether my team is getting killed, or my team is killing someone else. As long as I’m play hard, teaching the others and having fun, I really don’t care if we win and I don’t think about it for 5 minutes afterwards.

Anyway, it’s over…the Schmets lost…so don’t talk to me about it…I’m looking forward to football this Sunday, where I’m almost guaranteed to lose again.

No comments: