Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Happy Unbirthday to Me

Today, I turned 10,000 days old.

While yesterday, technically, was the 10,000th day I was alive, the way we calculate birthdays is usually the day after it should be. You turn 1 day old on your 2nd day, you turn 1 year old on your 366th day (for me 367 b/c of leap year). To explain, no one celebrates their birthday the day before the date they were born just because technically that day makes 1 full year, everyone celebrates on the date they were born, which is 1 year and 1 day after they were born, and therefore, you turn 10,000 days old on your 10,001st day.

While its been over 25 years since my last 10^n birthday, and I'll likely never have another (I don't plan on living to 275 years old), it only took me 3.5 months to record my first 3 10^n birthdays.

My niece is 16 days old (this is her 17th day), and she's had more 10^n days than I've had in the last 25.

Oh, by the way, my 2nd niece was born 2 weeks go. Lilah Ruth Fishman. Here's a picture of her and her sister. (the cutest picture ever). Click it to see full sized.




















And one more of me, just so you can all like me more.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your special day.

Anonymous said...

ooh now that she has 2 i can have atara!!! :)