Thursday, May 24, 2007

This is Why I'm Hot

New website feature:

Sometimes, I get the strangest songs stuck in my head. This week, its been “This is why I’m hot” by Mims. From now on, I will be decoding the lyrics of these songs, so that everyone can understand why the song gets stuck in my head.

This is why I’m hot
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive
This is why(x2) uh
The following verses will describe why
This is why I’m hot (uh)
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive
This is why I’m hot(x2) whoo
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive
This is why(x2)
The following verses will describe why
This is why I’m hot
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive

I’m hot coz I’m fly (fly)
I am an attractive person because I am very cool in a way I can’t describe with words
You ain’t coz you’re not (mims)
You are not attractive because you are not cool
This is why x2
The following verses will describe more about why I’m so attractive
This is why I’m hot(x2)
This next verse, will describe some of the many ways in which I am attractive

Verse 1:
This is why I’m hot
I open this verse with a line which describes what this verse will be about, standard writing procedure.
I dont gotta rap
I don’t have to sing to be attractive
I can sell a mill sayin nothing on the track
My listeners are not the smartest people, I’m so attractive, that I can sell them music with no words and they will buy it.
I represent New York
If you did not know, I was born in NY and call it my home
I got it on my back
You can tattoo your loyalties to your back if you want to as well
And they say that we lost it
Some other rappers are saying that I’m not a true New Yorker
So I’mma bring it back
But I’m going to show them, this is my town.
I love the dirty dirty
I like the south, including Miss, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, and Louisiana.
Coz niggas show me love
There are many African Americans down in the south, and they really like me too
The ladies start to bounce
In the South, there are plenty of women who like to dance
As soon as I hit the club
And they start dancing as soon as I show up
But in the Midwest
In another region of the country, known as the Midwest, things are slightly different
They love to take it slow
They dance slower, line dances and square dances mostly
So when I hit that shit
So when I’m in the Midwest, usually at a party with lots of girls and that usually leads to sex
I watch um get it on the floor
The girls like to dance in the strangest ways, and I like to watch
And if you needed hyphy
If you want to act crazy and energetic and possibly get out of hand
I take it to the bay
I move on to San Fransisco
Frisco to Sac town
Actually, anywhere between San Fran and Sacramento, you can get hyphy
They do it eryday
Any time, any where in that area, you can get crazy
Coppin to Hollywood
Sometimes, when in Hollywood, I like to take the collar of my shirt and pop it up
As soon as I hit LA
And when I get to Los Angeles
I’m in that low low
I rent a car that has an altered suspension, usually we ride really close to the ground
I do it the cali way
This is how everyone in California who’s cool drives
And when I hit the Chi
When I go to Chicago
People say that I’m fly
People tell me that I am especially cool in a way they can’t describe with words
They like the way I dress they like (they like my) my attire
Though sometimes they tell me how good I look because of my clothing
move crowds from side to side
And they get out of my way when I walk around, no one gets in my way
They ask me how I do it and simply I reply
Everyone in Chicago is so impressed with me, and they ask me how I do it. This is what I tell them.

This is why I’m hot
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive
This is why(x2) uh
The following verses will describe why
This is why I’m hot (uh)
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive
This is why I’m hot(x2) whoo
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive
This is why(x2)
The following verses will describe why
This is why I’m hot
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive

I’m hot coz I’m fly (fly)
I am an attractive person because I am very cool in a way I can’t describe with words
You ain’t coz you’re not (mims)
You are not attractive because you are not cool
This is why x2
If you didn’t’ hear the first time, you need to be fly in order to be hot, write it down, I’m only saying it 5 more times
This is why I’m hot(x2)
The following verses will describe more about why I’m so attractive

Verse 2:
This is why I’m hot
I open this second verse similar to the first one, with a line which describes what this verse will be about, standard writing procedure.
Catch me on the block
If you want to find me, I’ll likely be in the neighborhood I was raised, just hanging out
Every other day, Another bitch another drop
When I’m there, I’m usually doing girls, and doing drugs, drugs you take orally. Or I may be discussing another low ride car, it is unclear. Lets see if you can figure it out.
16 bars, 24 pop
My song, like every other rap song, has 16 bars per verse. 24 pop likely refers to really bad music
44 songs, nigga gimme what you got
I put this line in for tone and rhyming purposes, it has no real meaning at all
I’m in there driving cars
Self explanatory
Push them off the lot
I buy many cars too, because I’m rich
I’m into shutting stores down so I can shop
I’m also so rich, cool, hot, that they close stores for me, so I can shop for my cute Chicago clothes without distraction
If you need a bird I can get it chopped
I can also get you 36 ounces of cocaine
Tell ne what you need you know I get ‘em by the flock
If you let me know what kind of drugs you need, I can get as much as you want (many birds equals a flock)
I call my hommie black meet me on the ave
My friend Black is the guy I call for drugs, he’ll meet me on the main street of town
I hit wash heights with the money in the bag
I’m from the Washington Heights section of New York, on the Ave, I’ll have a bag of cash to meet Black and pay for the drugs.
we into big spending
My friends and I really like to spend money on anything
See my pimping never dragged
I’m am one of the best pimps in the world, top notch pimp here
Find me with different women that you niggas never had
I can get girls that most of you could never get, and you’ll see me with them constantly
For those who say they know me know I’m focused on my cream
Most of all, I like cash, lots and lots of cash, everyone knows that
Playa you come between you’d better focus on the beam
If you get in the way of me and my money, you’ll have a mounted laser sight gun pointed at you
I keep it so mean the way you see me lean
I’m not a very nice person when I’m doing drugs.
And when I say I’m hot my nigga this is what I mean
As a good writer, I conclude my verses with a summarizing statement. In this verse, I discussed a few of the reasons I am so attractive.

This is why I’m hot
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive
This is why(x2) uh
The following verses will describe why
This is why I’m hot (uh)
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive
This is why I’m hot(x2) whoo
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive
This is why(x2)
The following verses will describe why
This is why I’m hot
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive

I’m hot coz I’m fly (fly)
I am an attractive person because I am very cool in a way I can’t describe with words
You ain’t coz you’re not (mims)
You are not attractive because you are not cool
This is why x2
If you didn’t’ hear the first time, you need to be fly in order to be hot, write it down, I’m only saying it 5 more times
This is why I’m hot(x2)
The following verses will describe more about why I’m so attractive

Verse 3:
This is why I’m hot
My introductory statement, followed by the body of my verse.
Shorty see the drop
I’m telling the listeners to look at my low ride car, and how cool it is
Ask me what I paid and I say yeah I paid a quap
If you ask me how much this car costs, I would tell you it cost 4 oz of any drug
And then I hit the switch that take away the top
My car is so cool, it is a convertible
So chicks around the way they call me cream of the crop
Because of how cool my car is, girls really like me
They hop in the car
They like me so much, they just jump right in, because the car has no top on it
I tell them all aboard
I’m very excited these random girls jumped into my car
We hit the studio they say they like the way I record
I usually bring random girls that hop in to my car to the recording studio, most of them are impressed by this
I gave you black train and I did you wrong
I wrote two other good songs, black train and I did you wrong, and at the studio, I’ll sing them
So every time I see them and they tell me that’s their song
Now, whenever these random girls see me, they tell me that my songs are their favorite songs
They say I’m the bomb
And these girls now really like me a lot.
They love the way the charm hanging from the neck
I’ve got some necklaces, I’m not ashamed, they are masculine, and these random girls who hop in my car, love my necklaces.
And compliments the arm which compliments the ear then comes the gear
My necklaces look really good with the tattoos on my arm, and the tattoos look good with my masculine earrings, and my masculine earrings look really good with my clothing
So when I hit the room the shorties stop and stare
I look so good, that when I walk into any place, everyone stops what they are doing and stares at me and my nice clothes, earrings, necklaces, and tatoos
Then niggas start to hate rearrange their face
But the men are jealous of how pretty I am, and they give me dirty looks. They want to start fights because of how pretty I look compared to them
Little do they know I keep them things by waistside
But they don’t know that I have no idea how to fight, so I carry a gun on my side
Son I reply, nobody gotta die
I tell these guys that they don’t have to die for being jealous at how pretty I am
Similar to lil wiz coz I got the fire
And I remind these guys that Lil Wiz died from gun shots, so they should watch themselves.

This is why I’m hot
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive
This is why(x2) uh
The following verses will describe why
This is why I’m hot (uh)
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive
This is why I’m hot(x2) whoo
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive
This is why(x2)
The following verses will describe why
This is why I’m hot
I’m writing a song about why I am so attractive

I’m hot coz I’m fly (fly)
I am an attractive person because I am very cool in a way I can’t describe with words
You ain’t coz you’re not (mims)
You are not attractive because you are not cool
This is why x2
If you didn’t’ hear the first time, you need to be fly in order to be hot, write it down, I’m only saying it 5 more times
This is why I’m hot(x2)
The following verses will describe more about why I’m so attractive


What I learned from this rap:
It appears that in order to be hot, you need to be fly. In order to be fly, you need people to tell you that you are fly. In order to get people to tell you that you are fly, you need to be able to sell records with no words, dance well in the south, drive a low ride car in LA/Hollywood, dress well in Chicago, wear earrings that match your necklaces that match your tattoos and your clothes, keep a gun at your side, buy a car that has a convertible top so girls can just jump in, and piss every guy off by always having hot girls with you that they could never get. I’m almost there.

Acknowledgements:
Much thanks to the Urban Dictionary www.urbandictionary.com. Without your help, none of the above would have been possible.

Here’s the music video:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

ha ha. I have never enjoyed rap so much.

Anonymous said...

Your office needs to be notified at once they ther workers are doing absolutely no work...

Anonymous said...

OMG, that was AMAZING! i love it! good work. and good call w the urban dictionary acknowledgment, at least 4 times as i was reading i was like, how the hell did he know what that means, i dont know what that means and i grew up ghetto! :)

Anonymous said...

lots of politicing at work this morning... and also at 4:51pm it seems...

Meistro said...

I wrote all that last night...and I didn't have time to post at work till noon or whenever b/c I was so busy at work. And I have no idea what politicing is and don't feel like using the Urban Dictionary right now b/c I used it so much last night at home.

Anonymous said...

1: politic - to be wasting time

2: http://www.villagevoice.com/music/0711,harvilla,76021,22.html

Anonymous said...

oops, there's a ",22.html" at the end of that...

Meistro said...

This is why I'm hot, Visually Depicted

I think that worked...

J. said...

Ok...actually hilarious. For a white boy. I heard the song last night at work. Ridic.