Thursday, October 11, 2007

Arizona Week

Arizona Week:

I spent most of last week in Arizona – ½ the time for a conference, half for leisure. I don’t want to write a full post about it, but here’s the idea. The conference was boring, meeting executives of big companies is not that awesome. The conference entertainment was great (Al Gore, Barenaked Ladies, David Bonderman), and the weekend after the conference was awesome.

As always, here are some pictures.

Anyway, here are some things I think about my trip:

I think my pilot was hilarious when he said “In a few moments, the flight attendants will give you a demonstration as to how to put on your seatbelt. The FAA still considers this very useful information for everyone, and especially those of you who have not been in a car since the 1955.”

I think I really enjoy meeting with executives in a 1 on 1 scenario and picking their brains about strategy, financials and whatnot

I think that the Barenaked Ladies are still one of my favorite bands. Best to watch live. I think they are just a bunch of smart, talented, dorky guys who joke and improve w/the best of them. Here's a video of the show.



I don’t think I could ever live in Arizona.

I think I needed a day at the pool, doing nothing besides mini golf and the watching an act of g-d doom Yankees.

I think I’m not going to cut my hair (or just the top of my hair) until next spring/summer.

I think Al Gore spent too much time talking about the environment and how its investor savvy to be environmentally savvy instead of talking about anything else. Despite that, I think Al Gore should run and I think I would vote for him.

I think David Bonderman’s major point was that investing in the US is no longer smart and we should move our money elsewhere.

I think I’m silly. I think I’m never serious. I don’t think I ever want to be serious.

I think getting to Newark Airport for a flight is really easy and getting home is not so much at all.

3 comments:

Alice said...

For the life of me I can't find your email address- I can't remember which email account you have emailed me at- anyways, we are doing another blogger happy hour tomorrow- at 6:30ish after work. Email me if you want to join us!

steiny said...

The pilot's joke is a direct rip-off from Jerry Seinfeld on his "I'm telling you for the last time" CD.

Clinton said...

Dude, so much a BNL fan. I've seen them a bunch of times and their shows are always awesome. Nicely done...