Friday, March 07, 2008

Eyesight

How did the bad eye sight gene ever survive evolution? If I were to ever meet Darwin, this would be my question. I just don't understand how humans, as a whole, can be so close to perfect evolutionarily, yet have such terrible eyesight. Wouldn't those with bad eye sight have died earlier and thus not been able to reproduce? Wouldn't they have walked into trees, off of cliffs, and broken their ankles in ditches? How did bad eye sight people hunt before glasses? I feel like evolution would have split humans into two races, an ugly race of people with bad eyesight, and a good looking race of people with good eyesight. Maybe that's why there are sooo many single people in the world now a days, because now, with glasses, they can actually see how ugly the person they are talking to is. Can you imagine a cat with bad eyesight? It would have no shot in the wild, and that goes for most animals, especially those who hunt. Those animals who graze, and just eat grass and leaves might not need eyesight as much. Maybe the hunting vs gathering concept is not a boy/girl thing, but more of a good eyesight/bad eyesight thing.

In other news, I apologize for not posting more often but I can tell you that I have been writing. This writing, however, is not for the public forum right now or ever, but it has been very good for me to write. I think it does help. In total, I've got about 70 pages of single spaced text, which I'm actually considering using my organizational skills to offset my horrible writing skills, and possibly convert it into a book. I don't know what the book would be about, or what it would be titled. Right now, its just full of streaming thoughts. Likely, if I were to publish it in some form or another, I doubt I'd tell anyone, and use a pseudonym.

The Links:

A vidoe of a plane in Germany that scrapes its wing on landing and decides to just try again later

We should slice this guy open and count his rings, because there is no way a 101 year old can run a marathon, even in 12 hours.

You know you are a redneck when...

A high school cheating ring that was exactly like the one Steve Sandars got caught doing in 90210.

Miss Umbrella says no umbrellas

Why I'll never get over my French girl

Daylight Savings Time is Proven Not to Work at All

McCain was not Born in the 50 states

The 9 coolest places on earth for really dorky people.

Our northern most inhabitants making noise

How to be a better man, infront of the ladies

A Great Obama Bumper Sticker

The largest TV Character / Real Person Age Differences

Interesting blog on how to give a good one (Not Safe For Work)

Video of A College Prank that likely took way tooo much time to do

Video of Jimmy's Response to his Girlfriend's Admission

A Really Really Sad Self Written Obit

Video Marriage Proposal Rejected at a Basketball game

Video of the top 10 dunks on Sean Bradley (I was at #3)


No comments: