Monday, May 12, 2008

It's a Small World of Links

This city feels way too small sometimes. Saturday night I ran into my new friend Gillian at a club. I only met her the previous week during my walk, (Ania’s friend w/the doggie) and she actually invited me to a different party Saturday night that she didn’t even go to. Then randomly she’s at this club. Today I’m sitting on the train going uptown and George, a kid I see every week playing volleyball, sits next to me. He was on his way to work, back from NJ. Seems like every other day I run into someone.

Of course, my small city experiences are nothing compared to Square, who runs into one or two people every day on her way to or from work. I know, I’ve “commuted” w/her. I guess that’s what happens when you have 1,000 Facebook friends.

The funny thing about her 1,000 Facebook friends is that she was adding about 10 a week since I met her, but I told her when I met her that when she hit 1,000, we wouldn’t be friends anymore. Anyway, she’s been suck at 999 for almost a week now and I’m almost convinced that she’s cognizant of my threat and is deleting people just for me! (highly unlikely). Maybe I should tell her it was an empty threat.

I was set up w/a girl this week who went to HS w/my BIL, and who’s roommate danced w/my little sister. This city is too small, this world isn’t big enough J. I hung out with a new friend this week, who’s a friend of a friend and a friend of a different friend, who actually told me I may be too religious for her. I never, in my life, thought I would hear someone say that to me. But it’s a big city, and there are all types of people in it.

If the city was a little smaller, last night our car ride to NJ may have been a little nicer. About 30 minutes into our car ride to NJ, and about 5 minutes away from our destination. Atara puked all over herself. The smell of puke covered clothes for the whole ride home was a lovely touch.

No matter how many times as I read this post below, I don't feel better at all. I do realize how silly my feelings are, but they're still my feelings. I'm feeling a bit played, I hate waiting, and I have no clue what to do about it but fight my instincts, which are tactless. I usually just do what I want, when I want, and suffer the consequences. Now I'm actually restraining myself, so that someone doesn't restrain me, and its driving me nuts. Actually, its just frustrating. But of course, none of you have any idea what I'm actually talking about...and we're gonna keep it that way.

Here are some of the best links from the last few weeks:

THIS is my new building

I Miss High School, and the Really Stupid People in it.

Geekiness is directly tied to How Young You Play Dungeons and Dragons

This Guy is a Darwin Award Candidate

The Top 15 Celebrity Mullets of All Time

Regrow Body Parts with Pixie Dust (yea, its a serious science article)

Always a good for American Credibility when a Nobel Peace Prize Winner is on our Terrorist Watch List

Italy is Moving Back to Communism, or Something Screwy

Embarrassing from the Best Soccer Player in the World

Batman and the Dark Knight are Strikingly Similar (at least the trailers are)

You must have been a pretty boring caller if the 911 operator falls asleep on you

Play Hillary Vs Obama Fighting Game

Tips for Women

This is a Great Way to Take Care Of Your Really Old Parents

Is it Time to Stop Trying To Cure AIDS?

How to Scare Your Neighbors into Thinking there are Aliens

Video of the Week:

The Babysitter - Of Course You Know Why I Think this is Funny

No comments: