Thursday, May 01, 2008

Saturday Saunter

This Saturday I'm doing a walk around the whole island of Manhattan (32 miles - http://www.shorewalkers.org/great.html). About 500 people start every year and 100 or so finish. I'm not doing it for charity, I'm just doing it to say I did it b/c I think that will be something cool to say. However, my walking partner, Ania, is doing this walk for a charity she is highly involved with (http://www.artforchange.org/ $10). I'm tagging along on this one, so if you have any questions about it, eamil her at anialevinson@gmail.com.

My most important solicitation in this email is for COMPANY! If you have any interest in walking, or joining us for part of this walk, message me or call me or just find me on the shore. This 12 HOUR WALK will give me time to do some THINKING, so expect a post on Sunday or Monday, considering I'll be spending those days recovering.

I'm also working on a pretty big Relationship Q&A, but its a little hard getting permission to post from everyone.

The schedule is below, I plan to be finished around 6pm. . . or in the top 10.

7:30 A.M. Start at the corner of Fulton & South Streets near the South Street Seaport.
9:45 A.M.Press Conference at Circle Line Terminal at W. 42nd St. & 12th Ave.
11:00 A.M.Riverbank State Park: By the bus stop in park near the northern end of the park (W. 145th St. & Hudson River).
1:00 P.M. Lunch in Inwood Park: near Flagpole.
4:00 P.M.Carl Schurz Park: East River Promenade near Flagpole at E. 86th St.
7:00 P.M. +Rendezvous and celebrate at the Heartland Brewery at Fulton and South Streets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did it go?

Meistro said...

Went really well. I didn't think Ania would make it when her feet were bleeding in the first 3 miles, but after 1/2 way, we were all good. The last 5 miles were miserable. A dog joined us for the whole 2nd half, which was awesome, and Ania had a really bubbly friend join us to, which kept the spirits high. We finished around 6:20, so likely 10 hours of walking w/50 min of rest. Pretty intense. I was pretty sore after, and passed out early Saturday night. My ankles are still stiff, and I have 2 big blisters on my feet, but I'd call it pretty successful. Oh, and I forgot my camera, only to find it in my shorts pocket at the end of the walk (I was wearing pants over the shorts b/c it was cold). So no pictures.