Wednesday, October 15, 2008

New Telewalker!

Today at lunch I encountered a new type of Telewalker (See descriptions for others at the bottom of THIS article).

Three 11 year old kids walked up to me and asked if I could answer a few simple questions. Their teacher was standing in the background and there were 4 other sets of three kids all over the blocks. There was no escaping, no avoiding, and they were soooo cute, and thus, I was stuck, engaged in sidewalk talk.

Here are the questions (answers):
Who is most likely to get his policies enacted, Mc or O? O
Who is most likely to cut taxes, Mc or O? Mc
Who has a better energy policy, Mc or O? Same
If you were R,D or I before this election, are you still? Yes

I wasn't able to fend off their agression and was forced to answer 4 questions. If someone can figure out a way to avoid this type sidewalk agression, please tell me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh damn! I was going to say "Yell at them for their truant behavior and tell them to get back in school!" But the teacher trumped that one! I've had a kid get me once - the sweetest 9 yr old boy was hustling me for basketball jersey money - I asked him if his mom knew that he was running around downtown Chicago instead of sitting in a classroom - I nearly gave him money realizing she probably sent him there - I say treat them like normal city folk would treat all bums - look right through them as if they didn't exist and keep walking at a vigorous pace like you have somewhere important to be...

Meistro said...

The best I could come up w/is to notice ahead of time and pull out your cell phone and pretend like you're talking to someone...

Anonymous said...

you'd have to have reflexes like a cat to pull that off!

Anonymous said...

you can always pretend like you don't speak english.....

Anonymous said...

Or that you're hearing impaired!

Meistro said...

I could also hit the kids, or run, or yell at them...but I could do that to any of the groups of Telewalkers. The point is avoid them while slightly degrading them and/or not looking dumb yourself. I'm not sure that's possible w/the kids, b/c once they engage you, you lose your abililty to be mean, and/or speak spanish, hit, yell, etc.