Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Something is Fishy

I ordered THIS BAG for my office, for my boss on Ebay. The bag came, but with some extra gifts.

This was my response to the seller on Ebay:
"I ordered the bag and it came. My boss opened it and loved it. The bag looked new, but when he opened the front pocket, there were all of these materials inside of it. An old delta ticket stub, car payment bill, 2 check books, letters, etc... All of these items had random names on them like Rafel Herrera, Natalia Monasterio and a few others. Do you know who these people are? Do they need these items? Did someone use the bag? This was very embarassing for me when my boss discovered these things! This is extremely unacceptable.
Ben"

This was his response:
"I am very sorry about this you can throw those items away. The items you found in the backpack are props we used to take pictures for our items. Those are put in to take picture of backpack with it. I can assure you the backpack is brand new.

Again we're very sorry about this and it?s very unacceptable. Please let me know is there anything I can do for you to make you satisfy with our service?
- timespringinc"

I don't for one second believe Timespringinc's response. There were signed, undated stamps, bills for electric utility companies, and car payments.

I decided to mail a letter to the people who's stuff I'd seemingly found:

"Natalia Lebasterio / Monasterio & Rafael Herrera:

I purchased a leather backpack on Ebay from a vender called Time Spring Inc (timespringinc.com). In the front pocket of that bag were items that had your names and addresses on them. Included was a Toyota Lease invoice and Water Meter invoice for Mr. Herrera. There were also a bunch of items from Paradise By the Sea for the names Natialia Lebasterio and Natalia Monasterio (I have a feeling they may be the same person). Additionally, there were 2 unmarked check books. I have attached photo copies of some of the items. Most of the addresses on these correspondences were the same, so I have only sent this one letter. Please let me know what you would like me to do with these items, and /or if you would like me to mail them to you or throw them out. I am curious how they ended up in a seemingly unused bag that I purchased. The company I purchased them from told me that they were used in a photo shoot, however, considering the items, I do not believe this to be the case.

Please advise me on what you would like me to do. Feel free to email me.
Benjamin"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep us posted!