Monday, February 02, 2009

Facebook Hating

There's a virus going around Facebook called the "25 Random Things," where you post 25 things about yourself that most people don't know... and then all your friends can read it. In honor of that, and out if its inspiration, I've written....

The 25 Random Things I Strongly Dislike About Facebook.

The Rules: If you got tagged in that “25 Random Things” and don’t have any desire to repost and tag. Feel free to take this list, and post it, and even tag people if you really want to.

I Strongly Dislike (Hate is too strong a word):
1) The 25 Random Things about you that no one really cares about you.
2) Poking - The only people that poke are weird, or needy.
3) Anyone on Facebook that is over 40 years old.
4) That you can’t add the school you went to unless you have an email address at that school.
5) Finding out my friends are in a relationship, engaged, pregnant, not in a relationship, through Facebook.

Application Reasons:
6) When someone sends me application out of nowhere. Email me and tell me about it first.
7) 3 words, Little Green Patch.
8) Applications that don’t let you know what they actually are or do until you add them.
9) The “Hint” and “Pause” features in Word Scramble (that’s cheating), and other Scrabble cheaters.

Friends Adding:
10) When people I don’t know add me as a friend.
11) When a friend who I haven’t talked to in years adds me, but doesn’t even say hi.
12) People who are my friends but don’t actually respond to Emails.
13) That the worst thing you can do to a person is Reject or Delete a friend. There should be a “Hells No, I Don’t Want To Be Friends With You” rejection button.
14) When a deleted quasi friend who never messaged to say hi adds you a week after you deleted him/her not realizing you were even friends previously.
15) Friend suggestions from people you aren’t that close with, for people you aren’t that close with. I know who my friends are, I don’t need suggestions.

Status Reason:
16) People who post status messages that imply depression. You really just want and want attention. It’s really sad.
17) People who change their status more than 2x a day. TWO is the limit, and they better be interesting or funny.
18) People who leave “is” as their status update. Like they are so deep or original for doing it.

Picture Peeves:
19) People that have kids, but all the pictures they post are of them getting wasted, w/almost no baby pictures.
20) While you can un-tag yourself in your friend’s pictures, you can’t delete your friend’s pictures.
21) Black and White / glamour pictures of you if you are not actually a model.
22) Any picture album that is over 60 pictures and thus more than 1 album. I don’t care how long your trip was, narrow it down to the top 60.

Other Randomness:
23) Any targeted advertising or polling.
24) Facebook tricks – like people who have 2 accounts or change their birthday.
25) That I took 30 minutes out of my life to write this out of spite / inspiration.

No comments: