Monday, February 09, 2009

Thinking about Florida, Overalls, Apartments, Organ Donations

I think since there are no First Class seats on Jet Blue, the rich people are the ones who paid $20 extra for the exit row (that was me). Of course, NO ONE but me paid for them because everyone who flies Jet Blue is doing because they are poor and cheep, and thus the people who booked last were just assigned those seats, since they were the only ones left. Doh. (I think a new "adventures of idiot boy" may be necessary pretty soon - here - here - here).

I think I was the only person driving around South Beach in a pick-up truck. At least it was no wimpy truck. It was a huge 4 door Tundra. I think I asked for a small car, but when they car company didn't have one, they offered me the Tundra or the Minivan. I think that was the easiest decision of my trip.

I think half of Florida likely drives pick-up trucks, just not the half south of Orlando.

I think I have never had as much stage fright as I did standing one urinal away from Jim Courier at the Mondrian. His 2 French and 2 Australian Open Championships are a feat, but I would compare my overcoming as just as impressive and pressure filled. I think I said "I really enjoyed watching you play" as we washed hands.

I think I'm adding "when on a vacation" to my 3 reasons to dance. I think the other 3 are "when drunk, when at a wedding, and when trying to impress a girl." (Not impressing w/the dancing skills but w/the spirit to let loose and do it).

I think I fought w/a few people this week over overalls. I THINK A CUTE GIRL IN OVERALL IS SEXY. THOUGHTS?

I think someone new has been reading this website by searching "my nickname - blog." I think I had to delete the reference so that this site can't be found in that way. Not that I want to deter people from reading, but I can't have people finding me w/o me directing them (feel free to identify yourself) random person.

I think I'm psyched for Jaime and Tom's wedding back in Florida in April.

I think I'll be in Egypt for the next two weeks and unlike Israel last year, I won't have my laptop for my daily updates. I think I'll be going 2+ weeks without writing, or at least posting.

I think because I got a new license from New York, I had to pick which organs to donate in the unfortunate event I die. I think I chose only to keep my eyes. For some reason, I feel like they are the center of my consciousness. I think originally I want to keep all that I could feel (heart, lungs but not liver, kidneys), but then I realized that if those organs could save someones life, then I was being selfish. I don't think my eyes can save someones life.

I think my parents should either get a place in South Beach or in Fort Lauderdale, but not somewhere in between. They want an apartment building, on the beach, where there's a boardwalk, in a town with restaurants. I think the only problem with South Beach is the car access, but then again, why do you need a car if you can walk everywhere.

I think either I'm getting really cool, or the New York Times is way out of its league. I think this article (which randomly ran they day I got back from FL) mentioned these South Beach hotspots, and I was at the Mondrian twice, and was invited to parties at the Gansevoort and Meat Market... and would have had no problem getting into any of them.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how come horshammed.com is not listed in friend sites yet? That place is awesome!

Meistro said...

sorry, gotta relearn how to code in HTML... gimme 30 min.

Anonymous said...

that car is too big
-sw